|Group Work Opportunities|
We have a variety of projects that can be completed as small group or church projects. The following are some of the most pressing project needs. For more information on any project, please call 704-289-5133.
Mobile RV Cleanup
· Wash exterior
· Clean inside of RV
· If possible, the cleaning team should bring a Shop-vac
Striping and Resealing our Parking Lot
· Pressure wash parking lot
· Paint lines and curb bumpers
· Apply a fresh coat of asphalt sealant
All supplies for this project are needed
Freshen Flower Beds with New Plants
· Donate flowers
· Donate pine needles
· Weed flower beds
· Mow and weed eat (on 2 pieces of property)
· 90’ x 40’ building
· 90’ x 50’ parking lot
· Windows need cleaning inside and out
We ask that you bring a pressure washer with you if possible.
· Professionals or experienced laymen
· Large hallway and classroom need painting
· Two stairwells need painting
Paint is provided; other supplies are needed (brushes, rollers, ladders, etc.)
Small Food Pantry
· Check dates on food
· Wipe down cans
· Reorganize the pantry
Non-perishable food items are needed!
Children’s Play Room
· Clean toys and play area
· Discard broken toys
· Donate gently used or new toys
· Donate child appropriate VHS tapes and children’s Bible story books
Please no stuffed animals or toys with missing pieces
Toys for ages 3 and under are needed.
Crochet Baby Booties and Blankets
· Any color baby yarn
· Attach Scripture (Psalm 139:13) with a pin or clip
· Varieties of blankets needed include quilted, crocheted, knitted, receiving, and fleece blankets
“These older women must train the younger women…"
A great project idea is for older women to teach younger women and girls how to make blankets!
Sister’s Closet (maternity clothes) Make “Blessing Bags”
· Make gift bags that are creative and decorative
· Fill with lotions, body sprays, shower gels, nail polish, candles, etc.
· Add gum, hard candy, etc.
· Feel free to add any other items that you choose
· Collect new or gently used from friends, family, or businesses
· Car seats
Items can be brought and cleaned as a group project or cleaned before donating.
Operation Fill the Diaper (Bag)
· Gather unused items from your home
· Organize a small group yard sale or other creative project
· Use the proceeds from the yard sale to purchase a diaper bag and fill it with baby supplies
· Bring the items to the Center
· Have a diaper bag packing party and enjoy the fellowship!
· Items for the diaper bags may include baby wash, baby lotion, wipes, pacifiers, wash cloths, ointment, bottles, etc.
Clean Sweep of the Building
The Center needs your TLC!!